Tomorrow Needs You Today
Author: R. Michael Brown
Published: Saturday, 20 Jun 2020
The economic fallout from the COVID-19 crisis has impacted everyone. But it has been particularly challenging for women, African-Americans, and Hispanics, those lacking education beyond high school and, most notably, the young.
Generation Z, including the class of 2020, has been dubbed the ”Pandemic Generation” and the “Lockdown Generation.”
A recent JA survey of the Class of 2020 high school graduates found:
- 49% have changed their plans for after high school
- 32% of those whose plans have changed are delaying their college start date
- 49% of those who work say they or their families depending on their income for living expenses
It's not too late to help our young people gain the skills they need to navigate these uncertain times and reach their potential. Junior Achievement is prepared to provide the tools, resources, and support to do this, but we need your help. You can learn more by reading about our approach, or by engaging here with our website.
You can do more by:
- Volunteering to help us help students. Click Here
- Donating to support our cause to help students. Click Here
Tomorrow Needs You Today.