Watch Previously Recorded Virtual JA Event with Mark Cuban and Brian Hamilton
Why Entrepreneurship Now? A Virtual Event for America's Teens
Author: R. Michael Brown
Published: Thursday, 28 May 2020
Mark Cuban and Brian Hamilton answered teen questions on Wednesday, May 27, 2020, during a Junior Achievement virtual event about becoming an entrepreneur now. Broadcasting news anchor Harris Faulkner moderated.
- To be successful as an entrepreneur you must find the need in the moment. What do potential prospects, new customers, want right now in the current situation?
- Selling isn’t a slick pitch. Selling is helping.
- You don’t need money to start a business. You need time and effort.
- Teens are in the best position to start businesses because you’re young and don’t have a lot of responsibilities yet. If you have an idea that you are passionate about, just do it. “What do you have to lose?
- To win you need an incredible purpose and be around positive people. Don’t let people tell you what you can’t do. Your attitude should be, “Every no is getting you closer to a yes.”
- Mistakes and failures are not fatal – they are learning moments. You have a lot to learn. Try more to learn more.
- Find new ways to do things digitally.
- Once you have customers, listen to them. Get close to customers and your front line employees and find out how you can help.